Friday, August 8, 2014

Teenagers | Your Daily Dose

|Trying To Clear The Confusion|


I hear it constantly. How this generation is reckless and they try to grow up too fast, but, are they really? 
 
 When you take a step back and look at your life it feels like 7 years old was yesterday. 2009 still feels like last year and I'm pretty sure I must have been in a coma for the past 6 birthdays because I don't remember this much time passing. I look at older people in my life and I realize they are almost done. Its not a very pleasant thing to say, I know, but it's true. No one lives forever and even if you want to live in a fantasy land where mom and dad live forever and you get to eat cookies in your hello kitty bedroom til the end of time it's just not how the world works. I don't think it's that this generation is "growing up too fast" I just think this generation is a lot smarter than they get credit for. These kids are trying to make the most out of what they have. They are growing up in a time that is full of split families and mental disorders. The kids in this generation see the world on a bigger plane. They can hop on to the internet and see tragedy from every corner of the world. So, I don't think they're reckless or stupid; I think they are aware. 
 
I know that one day I'm going to have to grow up and get a job. I won't be able to stay up til 3am doing things I'm going to regret the next day, or maybe not even remember. And know, that's scary. so If I want to ruin my liver and sleep my days away now I think there is nothing wrong with it. Just like there is absolutely nothing wrong with staying at home with your friends watching Netflix til the sun comes up. Everyone only gets one shot at growing up, only one shot at life and I think they deserve to do it however they please. 

* I know this blog was quick and all over the place but it's just a topic I think about often and whenever I try to put my thoughts about it into words it usually sounds weird so this is the best I could do. so, I'll let John Green close this off for me. I think he gets across what I'm really trying to say in this whole ramble.


"When adults say, "Teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. We need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. We think that we are invincible because we are. We cannot be born, and we cannot die. Like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. They forget that when they get old. They get scared of losing and failing. But that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail." - John Green, Looking for Alaska

                     -Until Next Time, XO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

© Basically Nonsense , AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena